- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cup broccoli florets or 1 head of broccoli
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 cloves garlic Medium/ large size
- 1 cup basil leaves more the merrier
- 70 gm parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- salt & pepper I tend to add a generous amount
- 500 gm pasta
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Add the broccoli florets on a lined baking tray. Coat with a small amount of olive oil and salt and pepper. Let it bake until the florets become brown.
- In a food processor ( I used a Nutri Ninja) add peas, broccoli, olive oil, spinach, cashews, garlic (skin off), basil and cheese. Blitz until smooth. If you prefer to have your pasta sauce more textured don't blitz as long. Add salt and pepper to taste and give it a good mix with a spoon.
- Boil water, add a pinch of salt into the water. Boil pasta until al dente. Remove half a cup of pasta water and keep to the side. Drain the remaining water from the pasta.
- Place the pasta back into the pot, add half the green sauce and the half cup of pasta water. The remaining sauce can be put in the fridge for another day or can be frozen.Mix the pasta with the sauce well and serve and enjoy!