Smoked Salmon Fillet & Ricotta Rigatoni
- 1 cup Zucchini (grated)
- 1 cup Fresh spinach (chopped)
- 2 clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Pasta water
- 4 cup Rigatoni pasta
- 150 gm Wood roasted smoked salmon I use Huon Wood Roasted Salmon. However, any smoked salmon fillet will work perfectly.
- 1 cup Smooth ricotta
- Salt & pepper
- Bring water to boil in a medium size pot and add rigatoni pasta. Once pasta is cooked, remove 1 cup of pasta water and keep to the side. Drain the remaining pasta from the water and also keep to the side.
- Place the same pot back on the stove on a medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and finely chopped garlic cloves. Once garlic starts to brown add the zucchini and spinach. Crank up the stove to a high heat and let everything cook for approximately 5 minutes, whilst stirring intermittently.
- Bring the pot to a low heat and add pasta, 1/4 cup pasta water and ricotta. Mix well.
- Finally add the smoked salmon, make the pieces as thin or as thick as you desire. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve & enjoy!
- Optional: You may like to add lemon rind, I personally love it and I find it complements this pasta dish really beautifully.