Simple Napoli Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 Large carrots (grated)
- 700 g Tomato Passata I used the brand Mutti Passata
- 1 cup Basil (fresh) I used a very generous handful
- Salt & pepper I used a generous amount of both
- In a saucepan add olive oil, keep on a low heat.
- Once the oil has heated up, place the garlic in and give it a good stir to mix through the oil.
- Once the garlic becomes slightly brown add the carrot and mix well.
- After about 5 minutes add the passata, basil and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place a lid on the saucepan and let it simmer on a low heat for at least 45-60 minutes.
- Keep the basil in the saucepan / storage container until you are ready to serve.