Sesame & Vegetable Udon Noodles
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup broccoli (chopped)
- 1 brown onion you can use another type of onion, whatever you have at home (red onion etc.)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cauliflower head
- 1 cup red capsicum (pepper) sliced capsicum
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp sesame seeds If you want to add extra flavour, you can toast the sesame seeds on a fry pan
- salt & pepper A generous amount
- 279 gm udon noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Boil a pot of water and add udon noodles to the water, once the water has come to the boil. Once cooked rinse with cold water and keep to the side.
- On a chopping board cut the carrots and capsicum into sticks. Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into small florets.
- In a wok or a large fry pan add olive oil and diced onion with the grated ginger. Once the onion has started to caramelise (brown) add all your vegetables. I usually start with my hard vegetables first and slowly add the softer ones to follow.
- After a few minutes add the sesame oil, salt & pepper and soy sauce and give it a good mix.
- Add the udon noodles into the wok/ pan and ensure everything is nicely mixed together, fusing the flavours.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle some additional sesame seeds on top.