Asian Poached Chicken
This dish may look very average to the eye. However, the aromatic smell and flavourful taste will excited and delight!
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 lemon peels (medium size)
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly cut ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 8 chicken tenderloins (tenders)
- Add 2 cups of water to a saucepan.Add 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, 2 medium size lemon peels, 1 sprinkle of salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon of freshly cut ginger, 1 garlic clove (peeled and left whole) and1/2 cinnamon stick. Let it come to the boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes add 8 chicken tenderloin into the broth. Let it cook with a lid on for 15 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with steamed rice or even steamed/boiled vegetables.