Turmeric & Coconut Chicken Schnitzels
- 1.5 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 cup fine desiccated coconut
- 2 cup plain flour
- 1.5 tsp ground turmeric
- pinch salt & pepper
- 2 eggs (or a cup of water)
- 4 chicken breast fillets (cut into halves)
- 1 cup rice bran oil
- Add in one mixing bowl the coconut, corn flake crumbs, turmeric and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In another bowl add the plain flour.
- In the final bowl add the mixed egg or water.
- In a chopping board cut the chicken breasts in half, making them thin.
- With one hand dunk the chicken into the flour, then into the egg (or water) and then into the coconut mix.
- Heat up a fry pan and add 3 tablespoons of rice bran oil. Once the oil is hot place the schnitzel, cooking each side until golden brown.