Veal, Thyme and Vegetable Goulash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 tbsp ground sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprika
- 300 gram diced veal
- 2 carrots
- 2-3 potatoes
- 2 tins diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme (or dried)
- 2 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- In a French oven (or slow cooker) add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 diced brown onion. Let it caramelise on a medium heat on the stove. Whilst its browning add 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika and 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Once onions are golden add 300grams of diced veal. Let it cook on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn to a low heat and add 2 diced carrots and 2-3 diced potatoes. Add two tins of diced tomatoes, 1 cup of frozen peas and two tablespoons of freshly picked thyme (or dried). 2 cloves of crushed garlic. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Put lid on and place it in the oven for an hour and 15 minutes at 150 degrees celsius. Serve with rice.