Baked Bruschetta Salmon
- 1 tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 spanish onion (red onion)
- 3 tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a mixing bowl add diced onion, tomatoes, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar, agave syrup and finely chopped basil. Give it a good mix.
- Place salmon fillets on a lined baking dish. using a spoon or hands place the mixture on-top of the fillets (ensuring that not all the juices are used). The salmon will look almost covered in the mixture. Pour a small amount of the excess liquid from the mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes (uncovered).