- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ground sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatos
- 1/2 pumpkin (approx. 400grams)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 10 button mushrooms
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 cups frozen spinach
- 2 red capsicums (bell peppers)
- 1 packet lasagne sheets (dried)
- First make the tomato sauce that will be used on the bottom and top of the lasagne dish. Heat up a saucepan add 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Once oil has heated up add 1 diced brown onion and 2 crushed cloves of garlic. Let it caramelise and golden before adding the rest.Add 1 tablespoon of ground sweet paprika, 2 tablespoons of ground oregano, a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add 2 tins of diced tomato, mix and let it cook for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Now it's time to make pumpkin coconut puree layer.Boil half a pumpkin. Once soft drain and put back into the pot. Add half a cup of coconut cream and half a cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Next layer is the spinach and mushrooms. In a saucepan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 10 diced button mushrooms. Then add 1 teaspoon of ground coriander. Let it sauté until the mushrooms have turned golden, then add 4 cups of frozen spinach. Mix until all soft and blended together.
- Roasted capsicums layer. Place 2 red capsicums (red peppers) in the oven on 150 degrees Celsius for an hour. Once cooled, peel the skin off and cut into strips.
- Now it's time to assemble the lasagne. In a rectangle dish add a small amount of tomato sauce, then add lasagne sheets. Then add capsicum strips, then lasagne sheets, spinach and mushrooms, lasagne sheets, pumpkin puree, lasagne sheets and then the remaining tomato sauce. Bake for 1.5 hours at 150 degrees celsius. Cover with aluminium foil. Enjoy!