Chicken, Mushroom & Leek Pie
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 400 gr button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1.5 cup vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 sheet puff pastry I use olive oil puff pastry, rather than margarine
- 1 tbsp dried finely diced thyme
- salt & pepper
- 1 leek or 2 cups of finely diced leek
- In a large pot add olive oil, finely diced leak.
- Once leak starts to brown add mushrooms.
- After a few minutes add the roughly diced chicken, thyme, salt & pepper and crushed garlic.
- Once chicken starts to cook through add vegetable stock.
- When you start to notice the liquid absorbing (should take 5 minutes) add corn flour. Mix well until the mixture becomes a little jelly-ish.
- Get your baking dish and pour half a teaspoon of olive oil to coat the bottom of the dish. Place half your puff pastry at the bottom then pour the chicken mixture on-top. Place the remaining puff pastry on-top of the mixture. Using a fork gently poke holes throughout the top of the pastry.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 30 minutes or until golden brown.