Roasted Pumpkin & Fish Curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cup diced butternut pumpkin
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp curry powder I use Keens Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp ginger (grated)
- 1/4 head cauliflower
- 1.5 cup green beans (halved) you can use frozen green beans if you prefer
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 barramundi fillets cut into 2cm pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Place the roughly cubed pumpkin on a lined baking dish. Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper on top. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until it starts to brown and soften.
- In a saucepan cook your chosen rice (I use basmati rice).
- Once the pumpkin is ready. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot and keep on a low heat.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, curry powder, grated ginger, fish sauce, kaffir lime leaves and vegetable stock. Mix well and let it simmer on a low heat for approximately 10 minutes. Note: You are wanting the pumpkin to puree and blend into the curry sauce.
- Once the flavours have infused together add the green beans and roughly chopped cauliflower into the pot. Cover pot and let the vegetables soften for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Once vegetables have started to soften add the 2cm fish portions in the pot. Make sure the fish is immersed in the sauce. Cover again and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the curry with the rice and you are ready to enjoy your meal!