Wholemeal Vegetable Pizza
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet dried instant yeast (7g)
- 1 ¾ cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 litre passata sauce (bottle)
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 5 button mushrooms
- 1 corn cob
- handful fresh basil
- Whisk water, sugar, oil and yeast in a small bowl. Allow yeast to proof for 5 minutes, It should start bubbling at the top.
- Pulse flour, and salt in stand mixer until combined. Slowly add in the water mixture and pulse until a ball forms (should take around 1 minute).
- Place the dough onto a floured work surface and knead dough a few times until it smoothly binds.
- Place the kneaded dough ball into a bowl. Rub a thin layer of olive oil around the top of the dough and the sides of the bowl. Cover the bowl with either cling wrap or a tea towel.
- Let the dough rest and rise for an hour at room temperature or overnight in the fridge.
- After your dough has rested, portion out the dough into smaller balls and let it rest or jump straight into forming the pizza bases. The dough ball should make 5 small / medium pizza bases.
- In a saucepan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 cloves of crushed garlic.
- Once garlic begins to golden, add the passata sauce with 1 tablespoon of salt. Let it simmer on a low heat for as long as possible (at-least 25 minutes).
Pizza topping and preparation
- pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Heat up a fry pan and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place sliced zucchini in the frypan and cook each side until golden brown. Remove from frypan and place on a plate.
- Roll out with a rolling pin or stretch the individual pizza dough balls with your hands until it has stretched out into a pizza base. Ensure that the bases aren't too thin.
- Place a small amount of tomato sauce (around 2 tablespoons) and then layer on your toppings. Zucchini, sliced capsicum, sliced mushroom, fresh basil, corn from the cob and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the pizza is golden brown.
- Sit back relax and enjoy your delicious homemade pizza.