Kaffir Lime Infused Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 cup vegetable stock
- 1.5kg butternut pumpkin (approx. 4 cups of pumpkin puree)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- Place butternut pumpkin on an oven proof dish and bake until soft.
- In a medium pot add olive oil and diced brown onion. Keep on a medium heat.
- Once the onion has become golden brown, add kaffir lime leaves and vegetable stock.
- Give the leaves some time to infuse in the broth, this should take approx. 15 minutes.
- Remove leaves from the pot (keep to the side to re-add later) and place 4 cups of the pumpkin puree, grated ginger and salt and pepper (to taste). Using a stick blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Re-add the kaffir lime leaves to the soup and add the coconut milk. Let the soup simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes, before serving. Don't forget to remove the leaves. Enjoy!