Vegan Banana Cake with Coconut Topping
- 1.5 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 3 bananas (overly ripe)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup soy milk Any other milk of choice is absolutely fine
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
Coconut Sauce (topping)
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan force).
- In a mixing bowl add the plain flour, sugar, bicarb soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, mashed bananas, soy milk and ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Well oil a baking dish/tin and pour the mixture inside. Bake in oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from oven and gently place a knife around the cake to loosen it from the tin. Once cooled release and remove the cake from the tin.
- Place a saucepan on a medium heat and add the coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Once it starts to bubble, turn to a low heat and stir every couple of minutes until the sauce becomes thickened. You will know when its ready when the sauce thickly coats your mixing spoon.
- Pour over your cake and enjoy!