Simple Lentil & Vegetable Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium/ large tomatoes
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 cup red lentils
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot add olive oil and keep on a medium heat.
- Add diced brown onion. Mix through, until golden brown.
- Once golden brown add roughly diced carrots, tomatoes, lentils (green & red), vegetable stock, water and salt and pepper. Stir well. Let it come to the boil.
- Once it has come to the boil, place on low heat and cover for approximately 45-60 minutes. Check the soup intermittently.
- You will know when the soup is ready when the lentils have almost become pureed and the carrots have become soft.