- 1 bunch basil It ended up being 1/2 cup firmly compressed
- 3 cup spinach (fresh) I firmly compressed the spinach in the cup
- 1 large onion
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cup arborio Rice
- 2 cup parmesan cheese I used shaved parmesan cheese
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock
- Place a medium sized pot ( I used a french oven) on the stove, medium heat. Add two tablespoons of olive oil and place one diced onion inside. Once the onions become golden brown turn off the stove.
- In a food processor add basil, spinach, caramelised onions (from the pot on the stove) and three tablespoons of olive oil. Blitz until smooth.
- Turn the medium sized pot back onto a medium heat. Add two tablespoons of olive oil and place two crushed cloves of garlic inside. Once garlic starts to become golden brown, add rice, green puree (from food processor) and half the vegetable stock. Mix well.
- Turn the stove to a low heat and keep mixing every 10 or so minutes, until you start to notice the liquid absorbing. Once it starts to absorb add the remaining stock. Keep mixing intermittently. The cook time is approx. 35 minutes.