Potato & Kale Triangles
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 1.5 cup chopped kale
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- salt & pepper generous pinch
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 puff pastry sheets
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan force).
- Place peeled potatoes into a pot of water. Let it come to the boil. Once soft remove from the water.
- In a fry pan add diced brown onion. Once caramelised add ground cumin, ground coriander and chopped kale. Add the cooked potatoes and mash the potatoes (use a fork or a potato masher).
- Add the salt and pepper and give everything a good mix, letting all the flavours fuse together. Turn off heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Line the baking trays with baking paper.
- Cut your puff pastry into 4 (making 4 squares). With a tablespoon, place a tablespoon worth of mixture into the centre of each square. Then fold the pastry over to make a triangle shape. Pinch the corners with your finger and then use a fork, gently flattening the edges. Using a fork will leave a nice consistent pattern around all the triangles.
- Place the triangles onto the baking trays.
- You can add a small amount of water (oil isn’t required) on the tops of each triangle and then add sesame and poppy seed on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the triangles are golden brown.