Roasted Pumpkin Risotto
- 4 cups raw cubed pumpkin
- 1 brown onion
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped sage
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- On a lined baking dish place cubed pumpkin. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and approx. 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Bake in oven for around 35-40 minutes or until slightly brown and soft.
- In a fry pan add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, diced onion and sage. Keep on a medium heat and mix intermittently until the onions become golden brown.
- Once onions are slightly browned add rice, pumpkin and vegetable stock. Mix for a few minutes, then add parmesan cheese.
- Cover the frypan well and keep on a low heat for 25-30 minutes (or until the rice is soft).