Chia & Date Cake
- 2 cups dates
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1.5 cups self raising flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
- Remove pips from dates and roughly chop them (2 cups worth of dates).
- Place chopped dates into a saucepan with 1.5 cups of water, baking soda and chia seeds. Let it cook on low heat until the dates have broken down and the mixture has turned into a paste.
- In a mixing bowl add self raising flour, agave syrup, butter and the date and chia mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into a lined cake tin (I used a 18cm diameter round tin). Bake for 30 minutes or until your cake is cooked inside.